About this course
In this course, you will learn what AI is and understand its applications and use cases and how it is transforming our lives. You will explore basic AI concepts including machine learning, deep learning, and neural networks as well as use cases and applications of AI. You will be exposed to concerns surrounding AI, including ethics, bias, jobs and the impacts on society.
You will take a glimpse of the future with AI, get advice for starting an AI related career, and wrap up the course by demonstrating AI in action with a mini project.
This AI for Everyone course does not require any programming or computer science expertise and is designed to introduce the basics of AI to anyone whether you have a technical background or not.
What You Will Learn
- Understand what is AI, its applications and use cases and how it is transforming our lives
- Explain terms like Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Neural Networks
- Describe several issues and ethical concerns surrounding AI
- Articulate advice from experts about learning and starting a career in AI
Module 1 - What is AI? Applications and Examples of AI
- What is AI?
- Impact of AI: Applications and Examples
Module 2 - AI Concepts,Terminology and Application Areas
- AI Introduction
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Neural Networks
- AI Application Areas
Module 3 -AI: Issues, Concerns and Ethical Considerations
- AI and Ethics, Jobs, Bias
Module 4 -The Future with AI, and AI in Action
- Our Future with AI
- Your Future with AI
- AI in Action: Using Computer vision to Classify Images
Module 5 - Final Assignment: AI in Action
Meet Your Instructor
AI and Data Science Program Director at IBM
Rav Ahuja is a Global Program Director at IBM. He leads growth strategy, curriculum creation, and partner programs for the IBM Skills Network. Rav co-founded Cognitive Class, an IBM led initiative to democratize skills for in demand technologies. He is based out of the IBM Canada Lab in Toronto and specializes in instructional solutions for AI, Data Science, and Cloud. Rav presents at events worldwide and has authored numerous papers, articles, books and courses on subjects in managing and analyzing data. Rav holds B. Eng. from McGill University and MBA from University of Western Ontario.